- 1/2 cupof egg whites
- 1 cupof blanched almonds or almond flour
- 1 cupof icing sugar
- 1/20 cupof creamof tartar
- 1/10 cupof meringue powder
- 1/7 cupof granulated sugar
- 1/40 cupof yellow food coloring
- 1/8 cupof vegetable ink markers
- 1/8 cupof fondant
- 1/8 cupof lemon curd (filling)
Add the almonds and the powder sugar to your food processor.
Process the ingredients very well.
Strain the mixture and reserve.
Take a mixer bowl and add your egg whites, one tablespoon of sugar, cream of tartar and meringue powder.
Mix at low speed.
Increase the speed and whisk for about 10 minutes. Add the rest of the sugar meanwhile.
Add the food coloring and whisk for about 2 more minutes.
Mix this mixture with the powder sugar and almonds.
Transfer the mixture to a pastry bag.
Add the batter to the silicon molds.
Leave the macarons dry for about 20 to 30 minutes.
Next, bake them for about 20 minutes.
Now, stretch the fondant and give it a heart shape.
Put the hearts where the eyes should be.
Using the black marker, paint the mouth.
You can color your macarons to your taste. Enjoy!