- For Mango Ginger Sauce
- 1 cupof peeled, pitted and cubed mango
- 1/2 cupof orange juice
- 1/7 cupof grated ginger
- For Chocolate-Espresso Cake
- 1 cupof semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cupof low-fat milk
- 1/4 cupof unsalted butter
- 3/4 cupof sugar
- 1 cupof eggs
- 1/2 cupof espresso or very strong coffee
- 1 1/2 cupof whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cupof sherry
- 1/10 cupof baking soda
- For Garnishes
- 1/2 cupof mango puree
- 3/4 cupof raspberry puree
- 1 cupof blackberry puree
- 4 cupsof mixed fruits (strawberries, pineapple chunks, blackberries and melon balls)
- 1/7 cupof mint springs
For mango sauce, combine the ingredients in a pan and bring them to a boil.
Simmer for about 10 minutes.
Puree and strain the mixture.
For chocolate-espresso cakes, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Put the molds on a baking sheet.
Take a bowl and add milk and chocolate.
Melt the chocolate.
Add the sugar and butter and stir the mixture.
Whisk in the eggs.
Whisk in half of the flour and half of the espresso.
Next, add the baking soda and sherry and stir well.
Fill the molds to within half an inch of the top with batter.
Bake them for about 8 minutes.
Remove from an oven and let them cool.
For serving, put the purees in separate squeeze bottles.
Squeeze a quarter-sized circle of mango sauce in the center of a dessert plate.
Draw two puree circles of raspberry and blackberry.
Twist the plate to make the circles wider.
Put the cake on a plate.
Garnish with fresh strawberries, mint, raspberries and pineapple.