- 1 cupof granulated sugar
- 2/3 cupof unsalted butter
- 3 1/2 cupof all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cupof table salt
- 1/7 cupof baking powder
- 1/9 cupof baking soda
- 1/8 cupof ground cinnamon
- 1/15 cupof freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cupof low-fat buttermilk
- 1/3 cupof boiled apple cider
- 1/7 cupof vanilla extract
- 3 cupsof canola oil
- 1 1/2 cupof sugar mixed with 1/2 cupof ground cinnamon
Take a bowl and whisk butter and sugar until fluffy.
Add eggs while whisking.
Take a separate bowl and whisk together baking powder, salt, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and flour.
Take the first bowl and add boiled cider, vanilla and buttermilk and mix well.
Add flour mixture and combine until fluffy.
Take two baking sheets and cover them with paper.
Add the baking flour.
Turn dough out onto one baking sheet and pat gently into 3/4-inch-thickness.
Sprinkle the dough with flour, wrap and freeze for about 10 minutes.
Next, cut about 18 doughnuts with holes.
Put them on the baking sheet and freeze for about 5 minutes.
Take a large pot and heat 3 inches of oil to 370 degrees.
Add 3 or 4 doughnuts into the oil and cook for about 1 minute.
Than flip and cook for another minute.
Repeat the same procedure with the remaining dough.
When doughnuts are slightly warm, sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar.